2014. október 21., kedd

Brugge - Venice of the North

Grand place of Brugge
Brugge or Bruges - as all the Belgian cities has a French and a Dutch name - is now my new favourite bestcityIhaveeverseen city of mine. Actually I have so much pictures, if I should start a photo-blog instead of this boring reports, as the pictures show more about the true beauty of the city. :) Almost all of the buildings of the city is an architectural work of art, literally, in Hungary there is one as famous house/building in every village, and they mean sights there. So I probably couldn't decide, which place is famous and which is not, so there are a huge amount of pictures about "random" houses, that I just liked a lot.  

But something about the city: as we arrived, there was a modern train station, nothing special, and outside there is a huge park and the suburbs. The main part of the city is around 1-2 km from the station on foot, I think because of they didn't want to mess up the united mood of the downtown. You can see already from the station (~3kms!) the spectacular giant of the belltower on the grand place. Sunshine, as in all the weekends so far, I feel really lucky. :)


As we reached the city, I just realized, why it is called Venice of the North. The many channels and/or rivers in the downtown give a great opportunity for selfies and group photos. Plus it has a good program opportunity as well: you can travel through the channels by boat ~7€, which is good news for your legs after a few hours (bad news for your nervous system, as the queue is always long, okay, except in heavy rain. :) ). Anyway, the tourist part in not large, we could get to know with like 2-3 hours. Except the windmills, as they are also famous, but quite far from the other sights and from each other :) , so we just skipped them - I check them in Netherlands I suppose. Yeah, and kind of a bad habit, but I keep starting all my trips with a coffee, smoking and lunch. I quiet like their coffee, I don't know why others say the opposite. Not an Italian one, but satisfying :)


Next topic is the rain. It was the first rain in all my trips here, why I'm really grateful to the weather. So very important, as I already learnt it in the second week in Louvain, and still every day there's umbrella and sunglasses in my bag. (ok, not true, as my umbrella just broke today, I must buy another one) That's the way you can prepare for every possible solutions. :) So this is the story of how my first rainy group picture was made. Thanks again to the incredible weather the rains lasted only 1-2 hours, and sunshine again #sunglasses, so we could walk around the city again. You know, that I'm really into the churches, but the city was so spectacular, that I won't show, just outside pictures: 





About the sights: I'm still not sure, which is famous building and which is not, so it is hard to speak about any of them. In the right it is possibly the city hall. :) Same style, as the rest of the town - btw I'm really into these Dutch-Flamande architecture, seems so romantic and tiny, even if huge. So I hope it is the city hall. There was some concert in the front, so we didn't come closer, but nice after all.




So sorry, but it's not the post, where I can say anything about the buildings, just about the city. Maybe if I come back in the winter, as probably I will come back with my parents in December. And if this blog, then a beer is needed, right? The girls were eager to the chocolate museum, and the boys to the beer museum so we split. So I can's say much about the chocolate museum, but the girls said it was awesome with chocolate tasting. Although I heard, that the Bruxelles one is better, as much more chocolate and less museum for 4 €. :) But the beer museum was cool. It costed ~10 €, but it was a bargain, as we could try 3 kinds of beers in the museum's bar in return, so if you think about it, it's almost a free museum, but not free beer. :) The museum btw has not much to show, they show with the interactive Ipad (!) the brewing process and the famous trademarks of Brugge, as well as some important facts about the beer. And we got in the and from some friendly tourists free coupons for some more beers, so we tried all the 16 beers possible in the bar. At least, I finally know, that my beer belly isn't caused by the beer, than it's because of my unhealthy lifestyle, so I'm proud not to be an alcoholic. :)


Beauty: 3/3
Sights: 3/3
Specialities: 2/2 - beer museum, chocolate musem, Venice
Mood: 2/2
City rating: 10/10 - with my best recommendation!

Beermuseum rating: 8/10 - Finest beers, but not all of them are satisfying for anybody, so better to ask the bartenders about the tastes and tell them, what you prefer, as they are very helpful and know the beers. My 3 full glasses were a red, a blond and a wheat beer, and all of them were perfect. I just can't rate the museum's beers for 10, as we tried the 'specialities', 3 beers, each of them were horrible, smelled and tasted like pee, so I won't recommend them. But the other 13 are just perfect. :) 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése